Weaving Our Renewed World
Advanced Missionary Disciples Formation Seminar
Thursdays - October 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
4:30pm - 6pm PDT | 5:30pm - 7:00pm MDT| 6:30pm - 8pm CDT | 7:30pm - 9pm EDT
The world and its people are groaning in pain. Many of the groans are from loss… loss of family members and friends; loss of time planned with loved ones, both celebrating and grieving; loss of jobs and dreams. Maybe, just maybe, some of the groans could be from growing pains. Growing in understanding how we are called to be living and acting as the body of Christ with a global consciousness. Growing to leave behind the clothes that no longer fit: of consumerism, racism, and individualism. Are we ready for new garments; garments of radical kinship, diversity, simplicity, justice, and global solidarity?
How do we, as missionary disciples, listen to the pains of growth and use our grief, joys, hopes, challenges, and sorrows from this time to weave a more beautiful, just, inclusive, and sustainable world? How will we work together as a global community to weave this new garment? Join us for our Advanced Missionary Discipleship Formation Program to take an intentional and intersectional look at our current realities locally and globally, discern what the Spirit is calling us towards, practice this distanced reality of being a community of missionary disciples, and move forward out of this crisis into building the Kin-dom of God together!
This Seminar will be a full collaborative and interactive process with shared reflection, break out room conversation, community prayer, and more. By registering, we ask that you commit to live participation in all sessions."
The suggested donation for this program is $150. You will be able to make your donation on the registration page. We understand the financial constraints on those working for the Church and those affected by Covid-19, so if the cost is burdensome, please contact Dr. Walter Hidalgo at: email@example.com for assistance.
After you register below you will receive an email with the link for the Zoom Webinar. You will need a computer, tablet or smartphone with a camera and microphone to participate fully. If you do not receive an email with the link, please check your spam folder and/or contact Kris East at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please whitelist us to ensure you don't miss out on future emails!
For more information on the program, please contact Dr. Walter Hidalgo at: email@example.com
A committed missionary knows the joy of being a spring which spills over and refreshes others. Only the person who feels happiness in seeking the good of others, in desiring their happiness, can be a missionary. Pope Francis Evangelii Gaudium 272.
The Christian identity card is joy, the Gospel’s joy, the joy of having been chosen by Jesus, saved by Jesus, regenerated by Jesus; the joy of that hope that Jesus is waiting for us, the joy that - even with the crosses and sufferings we bear in this life - is expressed in another way, which is peace in the certainty that Jesus accompanies us, is with us. Pope Francis
Go deeper in your understanding of mission and evangelization.
Continue to develop the knowledge, skills and confidence to teach and inspire others to live out their own call as missionary disciples.
Advanced Missionary Discipleship Formation Seminars include:
- A deeper look at the mission narrative from our Scriptural and historical foundations to better understand our own response to God's invitation to participate in the mission of love
- An examination of mission within our own context and culture and how that relates and connects to a more global understanding of mission grounded in solidarity.
- How to grow in our own identity as a missionary and encourage and support a spirituality grounded in mission for others
- How to become more effective and engaging in forming others to respond to their own baptismal call to mission
- Best practices for developing mission education components and programs at the school, parish and diocesan level
Upon successful completion the participant will have:
- Developed a deeper understanding of mission, their own identity as a mission educator and continued to develop a spirituality based on global solidarity
- Advanced competence to do mission education presentations and incorporate mission into curricula and programs
- Confidence to assist other parish ministers to incorporate mission into their identity and programs
- Training necessary to become an instructor of Module One Basic Mission Education Training Session (above).
- Successful completion of the Basic Mission Education Training Program (see above) or equivalent mission education training or experience.
Program Format: Online Webinar via ZOOM
- Constants in Context, Bevans & Schroeder
- The Mission of God and Postmodern Culture, Sivalon
- Evangelii Gaudium, Pope Francis
- Redemptoris Missio, Pope John Paul II